Ajiaco El Rey
El Rey Ajiaco is a mixture of spices with onion & garlic to help prepare one of Colombia’s most famous dishes, Ajiaco.
Colombian Ajiaco Recipe
- 3chicken breast skin removed
- 12cups water
- 3ears fresh corn cut into 2 pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2chicken bouillon cubes
- 2garlic cloves minced
- 3tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2cups papa criolla Andean Potato
- 3medium white potatoes peeled and sliced
- 3medium red potatoes peeled and sliced
- ⅓cup guascas
- 1cup heavy cream for serving
- 1cup capers for serving
- In a large pot, place the chicken, corn, chicken bouillon, cilantro, scallions, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook for about 30 to 35 minutes, until chicken is cooked and tender. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Continue cooking the corn for about 15 more minutes. Discard green onion and add red potatoes, white potatoes, and the guascas. Cook for 15 more minutes.
- Uncover and add the frozen papa criolla and simmer for 15 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Shred the chicken breast and return to the pot. Serve the Ajiaco hot with capers and heavy cream on the side.
By Erica Dinho, mycolombianrecipes
There are no reviews yet.
Write a customer review