Ajiaco El Rey
El Rey Ajiaco is a mixture of spices with onion & garlic to help prepare one of Colombia’s most famous dishes, Ajiaco.
Colombian Ajiaco Recipe
- 3chicken breast skin removed
- 12cups water
- 3ears fresh corn cut into 2 pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2chicken bouillon cubes
- 2garlic cloves minced
- 3tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2cups papa criolla Andean Potato
- 3medium white potatoes peeled and sliced
- 3medium red potatoes peeled and sliced
- ⅓cup guascas
- 1cup heavy cream for serving
- 1cup capers for serving
- In a large pot, place the chicken, corn, chicken bouillon, cilantro, scallions, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook for about 30 to 35 minutes, until chicken is cooked and tender. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Continue cooking the corn for about 15 more minutes. Discard green onion and add red potatoes, white potatoes, and the guascas. Cook for 15 more minutes.
- Uncover and add the frozen papa criolla and simmer for 15 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Shred the chicken breast and return to the pot. Serve the Ajiaco hot with capers and heavy cream on the side.
By Erica Dinho, mycolombianrecipes