Organic lemongrass and ginger infusion | Afritibi

Organic lemongrass and ginger infusion | Afritibi

5.99 CAD $

Ingredients: herbal infusion 70% lemongrass leaves and 30% ginger. 100% natural

Format: 40 g/tin. Contains 25 sachets of 1.6g each.

Brand: Les infusions d’Afrique

Origin: France

Out of stock

Comparer
SKU: THE-CGE-040 Categories: , Tag:

Lemongrass

Lemongrass is a perennial herb native to South Asia that has spread widely because it can be grown in the garden or in pots. Endowed with a stem with aromatic qualities, lemongrass is also a medicinal plant. Already used by the Greeks in ancient times, it is an aromatic herb that is also called “Indian verbena”. There are three varieties: Ceylon lemongrass (also called Indian lemon balm), Indian lemongrass and Java lemongrass. All three are used for their medicinal virtues but it is the Indian lemongrass that is the most used. It is a large, bushy herb that measures between 1m and 1.50m and whose leaf, when crumpled, gives off a delicious lemony scent.

In addition, the mosquito repellent effect of lemongrass makes it a useful herb from spring to autumn. Moreover, as a medicinal infusion, it is used in ancient Indian Ayurvedic medicine and in ancestral Chinese medicine. Today, it is cultivated and distilled mainly for its oil, which is used in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry because of its antiseptic, antibacterial and antiviral properties. Lemongrass is widely used in Vietnamese and Thai kitchens to flavour raw vegetables, salads, marinades (meat, fish), soups, etc…

The infusion has powerful antioxidants, an essential oil – citral oil – and a lot of vitamin C. It also contains active ingredients, such as myrcene and citronellol, which help stimulate the immune system and relieve pain.

The benefits of citronella

Detox: with its anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, disinfectant and diuretic properties, this infusion detoxifies the pancreas, kidneys, bladder and digestive tract. Its cleansing function in the body also improves liver function and lower uric acid levels.

Weight loss: Drink an infusion of lemongrass on a regular basis, helps with indigestion, stomach cramps and gastroenteritis. And it is also safe for children, on stomach aches or digestive problems. It regulates the health of the intestines especially in cases of gas, intestinal spasms, diarrhoea and constipation. After a large meal, a cup or two of lemongrass infusion, helps to eliminate excess fat much faster and reduce water retention by the body. In addition, it reduces bad cholesterol and regulates blood pressure. It reduces the risk of contracting cardiovascular disease. Finally, it accentuates the elimination of fats during a diet or sport, thus accentuating weight loss.

Natural sedative: this herbal tea also acts as a sedative, producing a calming effect on the body. As a caffeine-free infusion, it fights insomnia and sleep disorders.

Lemongrass has analgesic properties that provide relief from headaches. It can also act as an antidepressant, mood enhancer and is a remedy against stress. Ideal for relieving the body from the stresses of modern life.

Relieve cold symptoms: Lemongrass tea is an excellent treatment for fever. They are used as remedies to cure nasal and/or chest congestion, colds and coughs. Sweaty, lemongrass infusions allow a significant drop in fever. Sweetened with honey, they are all the stronger on the symptoms of cold, cough in mind.
Other benefits: in combination with a pinch of pepper, this tea relieves menstrual cramps.

Preparation

Discover the RACINES infusions traditionally consumed in Africa according to an ancestral ritual. They each offer unique flavours and properties: with the infusion of Africa Lemongrass & Ginger, discover the marriage of the digestive qualities of ginger and the sweet and pungent flavour of lemongrass.

Store away from light and humidity. Use one sachet per cup. Pour in hot water and let steep for 3 to 5 minutes. Infusion to be enjoyed hot or cold.

Sources

  • Tchoumi The Cafe
    Present Woman
    Doctissimo
    Infusion-sante
Weight 1 lbs
Dimensions 6 × 3 × 3 in
Attribute

Honey & Ginger, Bissap, Baobab, Regular

Customer reviews
0
0 ratings
5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%
Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Write a customer review

Be the first to review “Organic lemongrass and ginger infusion | Afritibi”

0
Afritibi
Select your currency
CAD Canadian dollar
X