crab is one of the most popular seafood for tourists. On the ribs, you will be even more likely to find it fresher. This kind of seafood can be prepared differently depending on your choice. In this Malagasy cooking recipe, they will be accompanied by coconut milk, another product which is very popular in Madagascar.
Crabs with coconut milk prepared in the “Malagasy” way
Recipe: for 4 people
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 liter of coconut milk
- 1 kg of crabs(fresh or frozen)
- Half a spoonful of turmeric
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 to 3 onions
- 3 to 4 chive stalks
- 5 garliccloves
- 1 piece of ginger
Preparation of the recipe for crabs with coconut milk from Madagascar
If you have taken thawed crabs, let them thaw.
- First, you need to break the crab hulls and claws with a meat hammer, tongs or a nutcracker. Like this, the sauce will easily soak into the flesh and give an even tastier taste to the crabs. With the shells and the tongs broken slightly, you can also easily taste the dish.
- Start preparing the ingredients for the sauce by chopping the onions, finely chopping the spring onions, dicing the tomatoes and grating the ginger and garlic cloves. Then put a little oil in a pot, previously heated over low heat, and to scorch the ginger and grated garlic with the onions. Once the onions are golden, put the tomatoes, half the chives and the turmeric in the pot.
- Let the whole cook for ten minutes, on low heat then pour the coconut milk while stirring until you get a smooth and homogeneous sauce.
- Then put the crabs in the sauce and cook for about ten minutes. Then, turn them over on the opposite side so that cooking takes effect entirely on the crabs.
This recipe for crabs with coconut milk from Madagascar is to be served hot with white rice. Use the rest of the chives for decoration.